I love finding new recipes to try, and the newspaper coupon circulars will often have great ideas. Some of my favorite recipes have been found in those little papers. This one in particular caught my eye many years ago, and has been a family favorite. It’s fast and easy, and super yummy! I’ve made my own little changes here and there, so I’ll post the original recipe, and note the changes I’ve made. It seems to come out a little different each time, but it’s always good!
Barbecue Sausage DinnerOriginally from Hillshire Farms
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 20-oz bag refrigerated new potato wedges (I just cut up regular russet potatoes)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (I’ve also used red bell pepper)
- chopped onion to taste (my addition)
- 1 pkg Polska Kielbasa, sliced (I usually use two packages, because we love this stuff)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (I’m sure I use closer to 1/2 cup or more, altogether)
- shredded cheddar cheese (my addition)
– Combine oil, potatoes, pepper and onion to large skillet, cover and cook 12-14 minutes
– Add sausage and corn, then cover and cook 2-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated
– Remove from heat, and mix in barbecue sauce and cheese, if desired
– Top with additional cheese, if you like. We love cheese around here, so we usually add a lot!
– Serve warm, and enjoy!