Lemon: There is a lot of power in this fresh little fruit. Which also means there is a lot of power in pure Lemon Essential Oil. Did you know that it takes approx 3000 lemon rinds to produce 1 kilogram (about 35 ounces) of essential oil? That’s a lot of lemons!
Lemon is one of the most-used essential oils. It can be used cosmetically, in the home for cleaning, aromatically to help with illness, and so many other uses! Want some ideas?
Brighten your face blend:
Mix in small glass container and “push” several cotton rounds to absorb all the liquid. Apply to face day and night. Adapt and use other EOs until you find the right combination, like adding Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, and/or Clove.
Lemon ~ Most Common Uses:
Dietary ~ Add 2 drops in your water daily
- Fights Inflammation
- Fights Cold Symptoms
- Promotes a healthy Circulatory System (see below)
- Easing the pressure of Varicose Veins
- Calms Heartburn
- Relaxes the Digestive Tract Muscles
- Eases Constipation & Diarrhea (balances PH levels)
- Tones the Liver
Respiratory (Topically, Aroma, & Internal):
- Throat Infections
Also, according to Jen Valent, MD:
- Lemon is used for Improving Circulation issues
- Tones the Heart
- Lowers blood sugar
- Helps Remove Toxins from Blood
Protocols you might not be as familiar with:
- Use Lemon for Gingivitis and Mouth Ulcers
- Remove Corns and Warts (Use a Qtip directly on area of concern)
- Apply to Cold Sores (again with Qtip directly on the sore)
Cost Per Drop ~ this a very inexpensive and powerful tool to have in your home.
- Remove Gum / Sap
- Polish your Silver
- Mix in spray bottle to rid your plants of Aphids
- Laundry Booster
- Soak & Clean your Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (dilute with water)
- Soak your Dish cloths overnight
Have a runny nose? Swipe a drop of lemon down each side of your nose to help slow it down.
These are just a sampling of the uses of lemon oil. It’s definitely a must-have in your wellness arsenal!
Essential Oils Desk Reference