I’m always on the lookout for new recipes, especially new slow cooker recipes . My old friend Jennifer posted photos of this recipe on Facebook a few weeks ago, and I knew I had to have the recipe so I could try it myself. Sidebar: When I say my old friend Jennifer, I mean old friend. I’m talking way back in the day at Carroll Elementary School in Shermans Dale, PA. Funny story: in first grade I broke my leg on the playground (don’t ask), and Jennifer’s mom was the one who carried my 6-year old self, screaming, into the school office. It was awesome. The internet is a powerful thing, and I’m glad Jen found me after all these years! Anyway, now, on to the recipe! I haven’t tried this, yet, but it’s on the menu plan for next week. I’ll update this post with my thoughts, and most importantly, how the kids liked it.
Slow Cooker Lasagna-originally from Crockin’ Girls
- 2 Pounds Hamburger Meat, fully cooked
- 2 Jars Marinara or regular spaghetti sauce
- 1 Package Uncooked Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- Brown hamburger meat and add marinara sauce. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- While simmering, in a bowl combine your ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and egg, Italian seasoning to taste and mix well
- Spray the crock with cooking spray, and start your layers of 1) meat sauce 2) uncooked lasagna noodles 3) ricotta cheese mixture 4) spinach.
- Repeat layers one more time.
- Top with remaining meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Cook on low for three hours, any longer will overcook the noodles!
Your kids may not be thrilled with the addition of spinach, so you can leave it out if you choose. Jen made this in a 6-quart slow cooker, but assured me that a 5-quart should be just fine.