Getting started with Essential Oils is easier than you might think. There are so many great resources out there; all it takes is a little reading! The first step I took, aside from reading blogs and other information on the internet, was ordering The Complete Book or Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood. This book is an awesome resource, and I refer to it almost daily. There are recipes for beauty, health, and even things for your home like all-natural cleaners.
But which oils should I start with, and what can I do with them? I recommend starting with the most popular oils: Melaleuca (or Tea Tree), Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint. So many basic recipes call for one or more of these oils, so you can’t go wrong. All four of these oils are versatile, user-friendly, affordable, and good for all members of the family.
Here are some quick uses for these oils:
- Apply to feet to combat athlete’s foot or any fungal infection
- Diffuse or use steam inhalation to help with congestion or other respiratory ailments
- Apply directly to cuts and scrapes to disinfect the wound and promote healing
- Apply directly to burns to take the sting away – keep some in the kitchen!
- Got an itchy bug bite? Apply a drop of lavender
- Add to bath to aid in relaxation, and lessen anxiety
- Diffuse to cleanse the air and enhance moods
- Great for cleaning and disinfecting around the house
- Gargle with warm water to help clean your mouth
- Rub a few drops on your temples to ease tension
- Dilute with a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil, and rub on abdomen to aid with stomach discomfort
- Diffuse to help with congestion
These are just a few suggestions on how to use these oils. There are so many more ways to use them! If you’re new to oils, and would like to try these out but don’t want to spend a fortune, Spark Naturals has a kit to get you started! The Essential 4-Pack includes all four oils at a great price. And, don’t forget to enter the coupon code SMOORE to save 10%. And, right now you can even get free shipping on any order! Don’t pass up this opportunity.